We all want to feel and look our very best. From making sure our hair looks just right to the clothes we pick out, everyone wants to feel special. But, when you’re teeth are misaligned, it’s uncomfortable to show off that smile. With Invisalign® at Zeal Dentistry, you can regain that confidence with a straight smile. Our cosmetic dentistry services in California will have you looking your best.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign® provides an alternative to traditional metal braces to realign teeth. You don’t have to go months or years with brackets covering your teeth leaving you self-conscious. This option for a straight smile uses easily removable clear trays to get the smile you deserve.
Although if more severe issues are present, the first phase of teeth straightening may require the help of an oral surgeon. However, problems like crooked teeth and gaps are easily fixed without surgery or metal hardware.
The series of clear, plastic trays of Invisalign® help shift teeth back into a more desirable and functional position. These nearly invisible retainers gradually correct issues while remaining flush against your teeth.
Care Required for Trays
Compared to the care needed for dental braces, Invisalign® leaves little to fuss over. With removable trays, one can brush and floss their teeth like normal. There are no restrictions for eating or drinking either when they can be removed.
Care for the trays themselves is just as easy. Simply run the trays under running water and brush gently with a soft toothbrush. Due to changing out the trays every so often, you don’t have to worry about the excessive build-up and intense cleaning.
Your dentist will also go over cleaning instructions and any questions you have when you decide on this option.
Straighten Your Teeth
Before deciding on your new oral care option, it’s helpful to know the process involved and how to get Invisalign®.
The process usually involves the following:
- A visit to the dentist for a consultation to discuss Invisalign® and other options
- Getting an impression made of the teeth
- Creation of custom clear trays by a dental laboratory
- Following a recommended schedule to switch the trays to guide the teeth into the correct positions
- Routine visits to the dentist’s office to monitor the teeth shifting process
This process allows the dentist to work closely with the patient to achieve the smile of their dreams without unsightly metal hardware.
Talk to your general dentist today about fixing any of the following issues with Invisalign®:
- Teeth crowding
- Crooked teeth
- Gaps or spaces between teeth
- Bite problems, such as crossbite, overbite, and underbite
Your dentist will review any dental health concerns you’re experiencing and decide if Invisalign® will produce the best results for your smile.
As you consider options for teeth straightening, take the time to review all of your dentistry options at Zeal Dentistry. Our practice provides many options for a healthy smile in the San Francisco area. The enthusiasm shown by our friendly staff will put you at ease.
In addition to Invisalign®, we provide the following services for your family:
- Dental bonding to repair chips and misshapen teeth
- Teeth whitening to reduce yellowing and stained teeth
- Emergency dental services for sudden and painful problems
- Dental implants to replace missing teeth
- Periodontal treatment for gum issues
- Wisdom teeth removal for erupted or impacted third molars
Learn more about Invisalign® and other dentistry services in California when you contact Zeal Dentistry today. Call our experienced dental staff at 415.792.4771 to schedule an appointment for general, cosmetic, or specialty dental services. Come in today to get the smile you dreamed about.