Whitened teeth can help to add to the beauty of your smile. While it does not take long to get teeth whitening done, once it is complete, you’ll then need to keep your teeth looking their best. Our team at Zeal Dentistry will provide specific care instructions for the days after you have your procedure completed. After that, there are a few more things to consider as you aim to improve your smile.
Keep Whitened Teeth Clean
Teeth whitening works well to remove most stains and discoloration from the surface of the tooth. However, this discoloration will return if you do not properly maintain your dental hygiene. That is why it is a good idea to invest in a few simple steps to keep your teeth as clean as they can be:
- Have a professional cleaning at least one time every six months, especially after teeth whitening. This helps maintain your smile.
- Brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day (three times a day is the ideal option). Food particles are the most common cause of discoloration.
- Change up your diet to remove some of the most common staining foods such as coffee, tea, and acidic foods.
- Don’t use over-the-counter teeth whitening products in addition to our services. That can damage the surface of the tooth significantly.
- Follow all directions from your dental provider about caring for your teeth in the long term. They may have recommendations to improve your smile further.
What’s most important is to keep your teeth from staining again. That means ensuring you improve your overall oral health. Routine cleanings are important, but day-to-day brushing is most important.
Cosmetic Dentistry and Whitened Teeth
Sometimes the teeth whitening you received may not be enough to reach the level of cleanliness and color you desire. This can happen many times simply because the damage is significant. If that’s the case, turn to your dentist to talk about other options in cosmetic dentistry that can help. If you have significant damage to your teeth in terms of discoloration, consider veneers. These dental products are fitted over the top of teeth to create a permanent, white look.
Treat Problems to Ensure Whitened Teeth Stay That Way
Your dentist may point out concerns you may have with your teeth that need proper attention. For example, one of the biggest risks to discoloration is the buildup of plaque on the surface of the tooth. This happens as bacteria grow and flourish in this area. The only way to keep this off is proper dental hygiene as well as ensuring you are using a proper mouthwash each day. It may also help to turn to your dentist for help with damage brought on by bacteria already, such as receding gums or inflamed gums.
Getting Cosmetic Dentistry Near San Francisco
Teeth whitening is one of the best ways to create a like-new smile. Maintaining the look and health of your smile takes some work, though. Our team can help. For more information bout teeth whitening near San Francisco or one of our services listed below, give our team a call today.
- Dental veneer installation
- Teeth whitening services
- Dental bonding services
- Invisalign dental services
- Dental implant procedures
If you are unsure if you can whiten your teeth, give us a call for more information and support.
Improve Your Dental Health – Call Zeal Dentistry Today
Are you ready to invest in teeth whitening? Whether you need help keeping whitened teeth white, or you just want to ensure your dental health is the best it can be, Zeal Dentistry offers the tools and services you need. Learn more about our teeth whitening near San Francisco when you give us a call at 415.792.4771 or connect with us online.